If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Be Still . . .

I'm in a bit of a rush this morning. You know how it is. Things to do, places to go. But, I set aside some time to "practice the presence of God" to get an indication of what needed to be in the devotional for today.

Initially, I heard nothing. It was a very loud, very prominent nothing. There was no missing it and no mistaking it.

As I watched the limited time I had chipped away at, ideas for devotional topics I have had in the past began to go through my mind. Maybe I could use one of those. Remembering, however that I had come before the Lord asking for an answer, I was hesitant to use an idea of mine and credit the Lord with it. The only honest choices I had were not writing an entry at all or admitting to you that the devotional today was about nothing.

Just as I decided to see how much I could write about nothing, the Lord reminded me that He had given me the topic yesterday.

Be still and know that I am God.     

Sometimes it isn't about what He says. It is enough to just know that He is.

Lord, thank you for the reminder that You have already given me the answers to most of the questions I have. And help me to be still so that I may know You and who You are.

No comments:

Post a Comment