If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Humility - Again (Yes, it's a theme)

Take a second to look at the ring finger on your left hand. What do you see? Now, for the next few minutes, I don't want you to think about the things that are associated with that finger. Don't remember the time you shut it in the car door and flattened the nail bed. Don't think about the ring on that finger (or lack of one) and contemplate what that means about your personal relationships. Don't consider whether you need a manicure, or moisturizer or if your hand is beginning to look its age. Really, stop thinking about what you are looking at.

Are you still thinking about your hand? That's how I am with humility. Anytime I purpose to humble myself before the Lord, my mind immediately begins to shoot off in tangents about how humble I am, why I am not humble, what happened last time I tried to humble myself, or whatever.

The problem is, humility is not about me. It is about my relationship with the living God.

The solution is to lose myself in Him.

Still thinking about your hand?

Get lost. It is not about you.

Lord, You are the answer. Deliver me from trying to understand all the questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment