If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land. 2 Chronicles 7:14

Friday, October 22, 2010

Trust

Our fathers trusted in You; they trusted, and You delivered them. They cried to You, and were delivered; they trusted in You and were not ashamed. Psalm 22:4-5

Eleven days until the election. Campaign ads are flooding the airways. The skeptic in me leads me to disbelieve most of what I hear. In the past 18 years I have learned to watch a politician's actions, rather than put a lot of confidence in their words. And, if I, who am surrounded by these people on a daily basis have difficulty sifting out the truth, how much more difficult must it be for those who only engage during the election cycle.

And yet, my hope remains high.

Someone recently told me that they were afraid for our nation - that the people were waking up too late and too slowly to save this great bastion of freedom. Ah, you of little faith. Remember your history. God loves to come in when most have given up all hope and deliver His people. When God led the Israelites out of bondage in Egypt they weren't on the road, they had reached the destination of slavery and been there for 400 years.

The circumstances then were not too difficult for God.

And, they aren't too difficult for Him now.

Lord, we unashamedly cry out to You in our time of crisis. We trust You to deliver us.

No comments:

Post a Comment